SBIG STXL-11002-PRO package + AO -X

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Keith Burrell, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Keith Burrell

Keith Burrell Standard User

Hi, I am new to this Forum and want to pursue my interests in Astronomy, working in Imaging.
    1. I believe that the Guide CCD facility in the STXL-11002-PRO package Guide Filter Wheel output is compatible with the AO - X but cannot find definitive statement that says so. Can you confirm?
    2. The weight and distance (ref STXL CCD) of the SBIG STXL-11002-PRO package + Accessories is not easy to calculate, I hope to also use an Reducer to reduce the PlaneWave's 70mm field of view down to 50mm with the mechanical interface mounted to a PlaneWave 14"CDK Astrograph IRF90 but sure if can be used. Does SBIG provide help with these details, who do I contact regarding this assembly? N.B. The PlaneWave 14" CDK Astrograph (with their IRF90 Rotating Focuser) focal ratio is 7.2, focal length is 2563mm, back focus from focuser (racked in) 8.09".
    Thanks

2. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

Hi Keith,

The AO-X is designed for the STXL and STX series cameras
    https://www.sbig.com/products/adaptive-optics/

I can provide you with a personal phone consultation concerning your setup and system logistics

I have been building and using telescopes since 1978, imaging since 1988.
    I really prefer working with customers
    over the phone when possible.

Best regards
    Tim