Resolved ST8300C unable to connect

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Joseph Hoener, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Joseph Hoener

Joseph Hoener Standard User

Hello! I'm doing a first-time install of my ST8300C on a 64-bit Windows 10 machine. The red light on the back of the camera is on, but I am unable to establish a connection with the camera using CCDOps.

When the camera is connected to a USB port, it appears in Device Manager, and Device Manager says "the device is working properly". When the camera is not connected to a USB port, it does not appear in Device Manager

When I power up the camera and connect to any USB port, no Found New Hardware dialog appears. I can manually bring up the Add Hardware Wizard. Using the Wizard, I attempted to install the listed USB Pro Camera Without Firmware driver, but only received an error message.

I'd appreciate suggestions about how to complete the installation and connect to the camera. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Did you remember to download and install the SBIG Driver Checker ?
    ftp://ftp.sbig.com/pub/SetupDriverChecker64.exe

Run it, and do the update process. What you see should look something like this:
    driverchecker.png

I hit the About button to get the lower part of that screen shot.

You can also go to the Firmware tab (to the right of the Drivers tab), and see if it will talk to the camera by doing a Get Firmware Version from the Camera.
    If all that works, (it may tell you it can't update the firmware or something like that, but at least it knows there is a camera!).
    Then you should be able to fire up CCDOPs and away you go.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

It does sound like the drivers haven't been installed. Follow Colin's suggestion and you should be up and running.

4. Joseph Hoener

Joseph Hoener Standard User

Thanks, Colin. The Firmware check did communicate with the camera.

Yes, I had installed the Driver Checker and had installed the drivers. I tried to update the drivers, but got an error message saying that the drivers file couldn't be unzipped, and that I should disable my firewall. I did that, but got the same error message. So I tried running Driver Checker as an Administrator, and the driver update was successful! Now I'm able to connect to the camera, and CCDOps works! Images Plus Camera Control also works, so I'm good to go.

Thanks for your help!

Joe
    Naples, FL

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Glad to hear it Joe ! Now share some images with us ;-)