STF-8300m RX errors

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by JasonW, Sep 4, 2016.

1. JasonW

JasonW Standard User

My 6 month old STF-8300M will not download images to my computer. It crashes when trying to do so. Also the temp is reporting wrong degrees. I've tried several different USB cables, 2 different PCs, and different capturing softwares. All reproduce the following error. How can I get my camera fixed? Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. JasonW

JasonW Standard User

Update. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling, as well as updating to the latest firmware. I noticed it takes a long time to connect to the camera and then it crashes only when trying to download. The camera will still open shutter and capture the image but cannot download.

3. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Jason - while you wait for the SBIG experts, a couple of thoughts for you.
    Have you tried it with CCDOPS ? Cabled directly to the PC or going through a hub?
    Did you download the latest SBIG driver checker and run that? (4.02 Build 1 I think)
    What version of Windows 10 are you running? Did it recently do an update as it may have broken things?

4. JasonW

JasonW Standard User

I did try CCDops with same results. I never use a hub for my CCD's connection as well. It's always directly connected to my PC. I'm using Windows 7 and have tried it on two different machines using Windows 7. Also nothing was changed or updated since I last used the camera. I do have the latest driver checker and used it to update the latest drivers and firmware. I'm stumped.

5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Ok, sounds like you are doing things right. It's very odd - did it suddenly stop working, or has it gotten progressively worse?
    Screen shot above of SGP looks like Windows 10 to me.
    How's the power supply?
    Have you removed all other USB devices from the PC and tried that? And have you tried using a Powered USB hub with the camera ?
    Am out of ideas.

6. JasonW

JasonW Standard User

Sorry the second PC was Windows 10 but same error. I did try with only the camera connected and thru the hub.

It happened all of a sudden. I never had this issue before with the camera.

I wonder if it could be the power supply. The cord has been bent here and there but shows no signs of tears or being loose.