STF-8300m/ST-i conflicting with each other.

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Craig Hunter, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter Standard User

I've been using an STF-8300m for imaging with CCDSoft V5 and guiding with your OAG and ST-I for sometime but lately I've been un able to connect the two at the same time. I use PHD-2 for guiding and can connect the camera fine but when I go to CCDSoft I can't connect the 8300. I start CCDSoft, connect the 8300 and, when I go to PHD, the ST-I won't connect.

I've tried to connect the two with CCDSoft as Imager and Guider and run into the same problem. Same thing with SGP. The cameras refuse to work together. I've tried using the system USB port for one camera and a powered hub for the other with no luck.

I must unplug one camera to get the other to work. I've downloaded and ran the latest SBIG driver checker, have a powered hub and use the stock USB cables which were supplied with the cameras and have tried switching computers. My OS was Windows 10 but, since it has a habit of erasing DLL's when it updates, I went to a Windows 7 system. I've also tried working with a MacBook Pro wit PHD2 and Nebulosity with the a same result.

I suspect that I've got a setting wrong but I'm at a loss identify what tit is.

2. Craig Hunter

Craig Hunter Standard User

Problem sort of solved. Neither camera likes a hub, they want a native USB port. The other items, mount and focusing are happy with a powered hub.

3. Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson Cyanogen Customer

STF hates a hub. I had a similar issue, http://www.diffractionlimited.com/f...300m-and-the-dreaded-camera-error-8-bug.2292/, and finally concluded powered hubs just don't work. Some have luck with them, but some of us don't. There is no workaround. Also, I concluded that neither camera liked the USB 3 port on my laptop, but worked fine with a USB 2.0 port. However, I did have success with an Icron Ethernet hub, but at great expense. CG