Unable to change camera exposure length

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Hilmi Saleh Al-Kindy, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Hilmi Saleh Al-Kindy

Hilmi Saleh Al-Kindy Cyanogen Customer

Hi,

I just got my camera back from service (STT-8300, self guiding filter wheel and AO8T) and I am running Windows 10 with Maxim 6.09. The camera is fresh from service, thank you Bill. So hardware should be in good running order. First time I run the camera since upgrading to Windows 10, but reports are that there should be no compatibility issues as others are using this combination successfully. I also ran the latest version of SBIG driver checker 64 bit to make sure I have the latest drivers. I am also running a brand new original power supply as that was originally indicated as the possible reason for some odd cooler behavior I was facing

Anyway, my camera will only expose the shortest possible exposure time regardless of what exposure length I put in MaximDL. I tried restarting, I tried shutting down the camera and powering on. I tried re-checking for new drivers. All to no avail. Any idea what is going on?

Hilmi

2. Hilmi Saleh Al-Kindy

Any ideas from tech support team?

3. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Works in CCDOps Hilmi?

4. Hilmi Saleh Al-Kindy

Bill,

It works in CCDOps, but I have had some odd behavior on the AO8. Suddenly the glass inside the AO8 unit twisted itself and jammed itself at 45 degrees. I have attached some pictures. The unit was not dropped after it came from service and I am now using the original power supply. The first odd thing I noticed was that when I connected it to MaximDL the AO control did not pop up as usual. So I went back to CCDOps again to see what to see if the AO unit was working and went to the excersize option. When I turned the camera around to see the glass move I found it in the above described state. So to summarize, here is what I am seeing.

• CCDOps will expose as normal but MaximDL will only take short exposures
    • CCDOps connects normally to AO unit MaximDL connects but does not show AO Control window
    • Glass somehow got itself jammed at 45 degress angle as in the pictures attached
    Edit: I am having difficulty loading the pictures, I will update this post with pictures later

5. Hilmi Saleh Al-Kindy

Here are the photos. Please note the place where the AO glass holder scratched itself on the STL male thread that was screwed in. What could have caused this odd behavior? Also, can this be fixed without shipping back to the US?

Attached Files:

6. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

I'm afraid the AO has to come back.