Which Chip is in a ST-7XE moded to a ST-2000XM

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Frank Fallows, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Frank Fallows

Frank Fallows Standard User

Hello: I purchased a SBIG camera used. The seller told me that he had originally purchased an ST7 camera and sent it back to SBIG to have it changed to a ST-2000M about 6 years ago. When they did the mod they changed the information plate on the camera to indicate that it is now a ST-200XM ( See attached Photo.) I am wondering if it is possible to check which CCD chip was installed when the camera was upgraded by the serial number on the camera. SBIG ST2000XM.jpg (Serial # 07074172). I don't know if they would change the serial number or only the model number on the camera identification plate after the mod. Wanting to know if the chip is a KAI-2000XM, a KAI-2001XM or a KAI-2020M.

2. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Frank,

The serial number would have stayed the same and only the Model # would have changed. At the time that this camera was manufactured, the 2020M was being used in the ST-2000XM so it would be very likely that that is what is in there. Send me an email at bill@sbig.com and I'll look it up in the database when I get back to my office tomorrow.

-Bill

3. Frank Fallows

Thank you for your prompt response to my question. I have sent you an email as requested. Thanks again.

4. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

Bill,

Frank called me as well.
    Since you probably did the upgrade you will have the best info.

Cheers
    Tim

5. Frank Fallows

Bill: Thanks for looking up the serial number and confirming that the CCD installed in the modification is the KAI-2020M. I am very impressed with prompt response and the level of customer service provided for the owner of a previously enjoyed second hand product.