[RESOLVED]Remote Guide Head Issues

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Slickrock, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Slickrock

Slickrock Standard User

I have a STXL 11002 Camera with the FW8S Filter Wheel and the Remote Guide Head. The camera works fine using TheSkyX (mac), and with CCDOps Lite (mac) and CCDOPS (Windows), however I cannot get anything out of the Remote Guide Head (any of the programs), well anything useful anyways. I either get a black picture (with a lot of noise) when I set up the guider as an internal camera, or a white picture when I set up the camera as an external camera. The shutter is working fine in both setups.

Ext Tracking.jpg Tracking.jpg Ext Tracking.jpg

2. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

A Remote Guide Head should be selected an an External Guider. Not sure why the images would be white unless there is no lens on it.

-Bill

3. Slickrock

Slickrock Standard User

Thanks for the reply. There definitely is a lens on it. It's attached to a Baader Vario-Finder 10x60, but I did try it without the lens; same results, and I tried it with a cap on; same results.

4. Slickrock

Slickrock Standard User

Well, I'm not sure what I had set up wrongly, but I decided to start from scratch again, starting with all the connections, then all the software set-ups; turned everything on, and poof! It all works. Now, if only the skies would clear!

5. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Excellent! Glad to hear it.

-Bill