STF8300C stopped downloading images.

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Nor, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Nor

Nor Standard User

It seems that my STF8300C bit the dust. I normally use Nebulosity for Imaging and the camera has been working great up until the other night. All of a sudden it stopped downloading images. After a LT reboot it worked again for about an hour then quit again. This time I just disconnected Nebulosity and restarted the program reconnecting to the camera and again it worked till I quit for the night.

Today I hooked the camera up to my Desktop computer to check the firmware. It was out of date so I reloaded the new firmware since I know that the camera had a problem with dropping frames.

Anyway, I thought that I would see if the camera is still working and tried to download a couple of darks using Nebulosity. It seems now, the camera will not download anything. I tried the same thing with CCDops and no go.
    What is strange is that If I use a 3x3 binning option it download fine for a while but at a 1x1 binning option it doesn't down load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Nor

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  2. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Hi Nor,

Can you give me the version numbers for SBIGUDrv, and your STF's firmware?

Cheers,
    -Adam

3. Nor

Nor Standard User

Hi Adam.
    I just uploaded the latest driver checker the other day - SBIGUdvr = 4.88 build 4 date 6/25/15
    the firmware stf-8300USB.bf2 2.47 , stf-8300ga.bf2 =2.18

I just got off the phone with Bill Lynch. and will probably ship it out to him unless someone else has a solution.

Cheers
    Nor

4. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Before sending your camera off for a hardware test, would you be interested in letting me take a look over TeamViewer? I haven't been able to reproduce the issue in house, but that may be a result of some other factors.

Cheers,
    -Adam

5. Nor

Nor Standard User

Sure NO problem drop me an E-mail at NBS@njstargazer.org and I'll give you the codes.

I have the camera hooked up to the PC.