Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud AO-8A

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Galaxyhunter, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Can you upload the last couple of logs from MaxIm?
    Usually the log is somewhere like:
    C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\Documents\MaxIm DL 6\Settings\Log
    and has a name like:
    20220128.log

Likely we'll want to do another QuickSupport session to see what is going on - this is a new one for me.

2. Galaxyhunter

Galaxyhunter Cyanogen Customer

I attached the log file. In it, you will see where I also tried to calibrate the mount. I forgot to switch from the ST series guide cable to the STC series guide cable ( frankly I don't know the reason for the switch,
    You went years using the ST4 protocol for guiding and mount manufactures use the ST4 protocol when building their mounts. Now somebody felt the need to reverse the cable ?????
    )
    Even with using the wrong cable, that shouldn't effect the AO calibrating.

Attached Files:

3. Galaxyhunter

Galaxyhunter Cyanogen Customer

Okay, after a couple of nights testing out the AO-8a, It seems to be working without a hitch so far ( Thanks Adam :) ). I have had a couple of issues of Maxim locking up on me, but I haven't been able to find the key strokes that repeats the lockup.

I do have one question. When I click the "Camera2 button" the X axis Star motion is flipped compared to Camera1. In the option tab for camera2, I clicked the "Flip Horizontally" option and then the star motion matches the direction of camera1. BUT, in the guide window of AO-8, the X axis motion is reversed. I have not been able to find option on the AO Control window (if there is one) to change the motion.

Attached Files: