AO-X Won't Exercise – API Error

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Russell Croman, May 23, 2020.

1. Russell Croman

Russell Croman Cyanogen Customer

Greetings,

I'm setting up an STX-16803, FW7-STX, SC-3, and AO-X. Having a bit of trouble with the config in MaxIm DL Pro.

Before I fired up the SC-3, I had the main camera set up as SBIG w/AO. After connecting, the SBIG AO window came up, and I successfully exercised the AO.

Then I connected the SC-3 and reconfigured MaxIm DL Pro per the SC-3 manual: Camera 1 = SBIG Universal, Camera 2 = DL Imaging, AO = Sensor 2, SC-3 chosen in the Advanced tab. All seems to connect well, and the DLImaging AO window comes up instead of the SBIG AO window. I can take test guide exposures with the SC-3. BUT when I click the Exercise button in the AO Setup tab, the AO-X doesn't move and I get the following in the log window:

[WARN] AO move failed: Encountered an API error (128) Unknown Error

I've tried various other configurations of Camera 1 and Camera 2 to no avail.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Russ

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Can you confirm you have the AO-X connected to the AUX port on the SC-3, not the camera ?

3. Russell Croman

Russell Croman Cyanogen Customer

Doh! That was it. I had the AO-X plugged into both. Hope I didn't fry something... I can imagine the two power supplies fighting via the I2C bus.

-Russ

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I think we have protection diodes in there, but can't say for sure what the consequences are. I think you have "pioneered" this mistake ;-)

Russell Croman likes this.