Resolved Ascom Drivers

Discussion in 'DL Imaging Drivers - Aluma, STC, StarChaser' started by Neil M Robertson, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

The NINA error log is implying there's a failure in AscomDevice.cs, though it's not clear what that failure is (just that an index is out of range, pointing to code in their 2.0 branch's AscomFilterWheel.PostConnect task). There is a connection failure later on down the line in the camera driver, but I don't think that's related to your issue.
    Can you show me the logs for the failure in v1.0? I'm hoping it'll point to something else, but I'm beginning to think this is either a timeout issue in NINA due to asynchronous processing, or a failure condition created outside the scope of the ASCOM Conformance checker.

2. Neil M Robertson

Neil M Robertson Cyanogen Customer

Hope this helps

Attached Files:

3. Neil M Robertson

This one seems to have quite a bit of info.

Attached Files:

4. Adam Robichaud

Unfortunately, that still points to NINA as the source of the issue. It's possible DLImaging's output is confusing them for some reason, and they're not handling the error condition properly. That's just a guess from a glance at the error log (the stack trace has no mention of our code).

There is another issue with CCDTemperature later in the log, but I'm not sure if that's the same issue, or something else. I've installed NINA on my development environment and I'm going to try and reproduce the issue internally. This way, if there's a fault on our end, I can fix it.

5. Adam Robichaud

I was able to reproduce the issue internally, but tests aren't showing anything untoward in the driver itself. All calls are returning in-spec values, initialization is happening without issue, and the exception/error isn't being thrown in the driver itself. I would advise submitting a bug report to NINA's developers. I also stress-tested the cooler control in NINA, and didn't experience any issues.

6. Neil M Robertson

Thanks, When do you expect that your 64 bit drivers will be ready. Is it possible to have advance copy like a beta?

7. Adam Robichaud

Hard to say. I can certainly keep you on the list of people to contact, but we still have to schedule it in. I'll know more by end of week.

8. Neil M Robertson

Adam,
    Spent the day online with the NINA guys. They found the issue with your driver. This is what they told me to tell you.
    Neil

The AFW driver reports a 0-length array of filter offsets. This trips up clients that expect the array length to match the number of reported filter slots, per the filter wheel spec. At a minimum, a 10 member array of zeros should be returned if the filter wheel driver does not support storing offsets.

9. Adam Robichaud

Please pass our thanks on to them for that (and accept some yourself)! I was able to find and correct the issue. The issue was a little more nuanced than that in the end, but not by much.
    I'll send you a private message shortly with an installer for testing.

10. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Cyanogen Customer

DC-3 Dreams, SP, Mesa, Arizona +1 480 396 9700
    Bravo guys!!

Adam Robichaud likes this.
  11. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

12. Frank R. Santore

Frank R. Santore Cyanogen Customer

I believe I'm getting the same or similar defect as this thread, ut with the newly released ASCOM driver. The Installation Error debug window results when selecting the Properties button. Please e
    let me know if I've neglected to provide additional info on this WinPro x64 driver issue. Thank you.

13. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Please provide details, such as a screen shot showing the error, and versions of software being used.

14. Frank R. Santore

Frank R. Santore Cyanogen Customer

I did attempt to post a complete set of screenshots, but no matter. As soon as I did, I recognized I had a TSXPro 32bit version and was loading the ASCOM x64. Loading the x86 provided control of the AC4040, but simultaneous use of the Camera 2 guider was spotty. Sometimes I could connect, sometimes not. I'll need to do more testing to better quantify its workings, which won't be for a quite a while. In any case, it's really nice to have the ASCOM driver working with TSX. I've been using the 'Maxim's Camera' third party driver, which allows selection of the readout mode, but no Camera 2 or Filter Wheel functionality. This ASCOM version seems to provide the full functionality, although ReadOut selection is through the settings rather than the TSX camera tab. Thank you for the great update. I'll probably finally look at any benefit of migrating to The Sky X Pro 64 bit version.

15. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Normally in TSX you just connect to the main camera, and it autoconnects the filter wheel and guider.

If you have both 32-bit and 64-bit TSX, they will use the 32-bit and 64-bit ASCOM drivers respectively. Both can co-exist on the machine - don't uninstall/reinstall to swap them.