B33 Horsehead Nebula

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Oct 3, 2021.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

This image is three 307secISO800-1600 RAWMonochrome images thru MaximDL Pro and stacked at Bin1 as SDMask.

This image I did with a black card board from DollarTree as the black side for two images 307secISO800 and ISO1600 and then the other side of the black cardboard which has less 'red' in the image and is easier to work with , I painted the 'center' area like a glow area with 'red' and 'yellow' paint sprayed in the middle and I used 'Evaluative' metering with 'LiveView' at ISO100 ... and you press the shutter button halfway down and let the numbers change and then press the shutter button completely and the image is taken ; If ; the image is too bright , then stop down the DSLR Lens to F/20 and use the 'Partial' metering and use an exposure that makes the black cardboard 'black' without being light than it really is ... so an exposure setting that looks a little darker than the black cardboard is what you want to get at the dark areas of the Horsehead nebula and other dark area 'objects' . Then open the image into the DSLR's LCD screen and press info and read what number the image is and write it down on a piece of paper with a description ... like 'no-filter' and black cardboard for "CustomWhiteBalance" , then , you can look it up and enter it into the "CustomWhiteBalance" for the 'Custom' icon . This seems to help the low light areas by using a black-card image . This image is a single MaximDL Pro Autosave Sequence image after a 67secISO100-flushframe to remove 'banding' and then a 307secISO800 then ISO1600 with the black side , and then ISO800 with the painted side which showed too much 'red' in the background ... FITS with 'LongExposureNoiseReduction-Enabled' and 'HighlightTonePriority-Enabled' . But , the background was a little more 'red' tinted than a blackboard without the color paints added to it , but I removed some of the 'red' coloring in the darker areas .x ========================================
    RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech thru a 152mm A+M Referactor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) using a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for an effect of 950mmFL and without using any 'filter' except for the DSLR's 'blocking' filter in the camera . I used a "Custom White Balance" for the 'Custom' icon and the image selected was of a 'black' 30in.x20in. cardboard from DollarTree for $1.00 and during a cloudy day using the 'Daylight' icon at ISO100 which kept the board dark black . I used the ISO-Auto for 187sec with 'HighlightTonePriority-Enabled' and 'Long Exposure Noise Reduction-Enabled' and the Moon was up from the horizon and B33 was low in the sky . I tried the 'Daylight' icon first and the image had a 'red' hue while I was using the TC-80N3 timer as 'one-shotColor images , the next shot was with a 'Custom' icon using a 'gray' colored cardboard I painted with Rust-o-leum Gray Primer spray paint with two coats , the next image was with the 'Custom' icon using the 'black' card board' with an exposure that made is light 'gray .... but this image showed the most as a 'black' 'Custom' option and seemed to dig into the darkness ... but ISO-Auto as ISO400 is showing to much 'banding' and I will try again tonight 10/02/2021 thru MaximDL Pro Autosaves and I'l see what ISO doesn't show the 'banding' of different color tones .x +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Process, Stack
    Added 3 images for B33 [19.34 sec]
    SD Mask factor 3.00, 3 passes: 0.8% medians (614780 of 72685584 pixels);
    Mean Standard Deviations 36.8(R) 18.5(G) 30.4(B)
    SD Mask combine succeeded using 509490KB memory [14.17 sec]
    Process, Stack (OK)
    View, Log Window
    View ++++++++++++++ xxx