B33 ISO-Auto with 'banding'

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Oct 2, 2021.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech thru a 152mm A+M Referactor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) using a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for an effect of 950mmFL and without using any 'filter' except for the DSLR's 'blocking' filter in the camera . I used a "Custom White Balance" for the 'Custom' icon and the image selected was of a 'black' 30in.x20in. cardboard from DollarTree for $1.00 and during a cloudy day using the 'Daylight' icon at ISO100 which kept the board dark black . I used the ISO-Auto for 187sec with 'HighlightTonePriority-Enabled' and 'Long Exposure Noise Reduction-Enabled' and the Moon was up from the horizon and B33 was low in the sky . I tried the 'Daylight' icon first and the image had a 'red' hue while I was using the TC-80N3 timer as 'one-shotColor images , the next shot was with a 'Custom' icon using a 'gray' colored cardboard I painted with Rust-o-leum Gray Primer spray paint with two coats , the next image was with the 'Custom' icon using the 'black' card board' with an exposure that made is light 'gray .... but this image showed the most as a 'black' 'Custom' option and seemed to dig into the darkness ... but ISO-Auto as ISO400 is showing to much 'banding' and I will try again tonight 10/02/2021 thru MaximDL Pro Autosaves and I'l see what ISO doesn't show the 'banding' of different color tones .x