Connecting the STX-Guider and STX16803 camera to TheSky Pro

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Dale Mais, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Dale Mais

Dale Mais Cyanogen Customer

Typically I use MaxIm to control my cameras while using TSX to run my ME mount. I wanted to expweriment with using the camera add on in TSX (TheSky X Pro) to run my STX-16803 camera and guider. At some point SBIG decided to quit using the internal guide chip to guide with, I purchased one of the later models which required me to buy in addition the STX-Guider with KAI-0340 chip. It all runs nicely in MaxIm but there seems no way to connect the STX Guider to the autoguider menu in TSX Camera add on, this guider is not a selection.

Anybody have thoughts on this, I am running right now the 32 bit version of TSX 13339 build in Win10. The reasons for this over the separate 64 bit version is a different story

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Thanks, glad to hear it
    This was because most people were doing narrowband imaging, and it was better to have the guider sensor ahead of the filters, to get the most starlight on the guide CCD.

That's *not* correct.

Here's exactly how to do it:
    https://forum.diffractionlimited.co...yx-and-sbig-stx-cameras-with-stx-guider.7173/

The trick is that you have to CONNECT the Camera, then change the properties of the Autoguider to use EXTERNAL for the guide chip.

Good luck and happy imaging!