Failed to activate support, assistance requested

Discussion in 'Forum and Web Site Issues' started by Roger Moffatt, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Roger Moffatt

Roger Moffatt Standard User

Hi

I'm trying to register with V3 of Maxim DL but keep getting rejected. It could be the email address that is failing as quite honestly, I bought the software over a decade ago and have changed emails since those days. Perhaps if I confirmed the organisation I have it registered to you could help me out?

Really though, I just want to know what the last version of Maxim DL to support the older parallel SBIG cameras was? It isn't clear to me if your legacy drivers still support them or not, and I'm currently on V3.07 of Maxim but would be interested in upgrading if that was possible.

Thanks,
    Roger

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You can't register V3 because our current database system doesn't go back that far.

We officially ended support for parallel port equipment as of Version 6; however, if the manufacturer's drivers still support parallel port equipment we haven't gone out of our way to disable it.

The SBIG Universal Driver API can still support parallel port cameras, although you do have to load an older version of the drivers. See http://www.sbig.com/support/software-archive/ for the last version of SBIG Driver Checker that supported parallel ports. MaxIm DL V6 will still operate these cameras in parallel port mode if you install that version.