License key lost

Discussion in 'Licensing Issues' started by Frank Casebolt, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Frank Casebolt

Frank Casebolt Cyanogen Customer

I tried to start my laptop yesterday and the battery was completely dead. I hooked up to house power, started the computer, launched MaximDL Pro. It came up with "Your License has Expired, Please Enter a New License." Problem is that I have the original license for the software but I had purchased an upgrade for version 5.23 and the license numbers must have changed and I don't have them. Did a restore on the computer from a backup and still no change. I can't even create an account with tech support because I don't have the correct license now. It's an old laptop running Windows XP Pro and has not been on the internet sense MicroSoft dropped support of XP. It has only one user and that is the Administrator, no other users of any kind. So the question is now, how do I get MaximDl license to run the software that I have?
    Thanks
    Frank C.

2. Gregg Ruppel

Gregg Ruppel Cyanogen Customer

Frank

You likely need to reset the date on your laptop so that Maxim sees the correct year. This used to happen to me all the time with a PC that had a dead clock battery - every time the power went out I would be asked for my Maxim license.

3. Frank Casebolt

Frank Casebolt Cyanogen Customer

Thank you very much. That did it. Maxim works again.
    Such an easy fix and I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.
    Thanks again.
    Frank