M97 'Owl Nebula'

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, May 12, 2020.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) using a CanonEOSII 6D'stock-new 2017 model DSLR from B+HPhoto thru a TeleVue 2XPowerMate with a BreakThrough X4-UV 49mm filter with step-rings to 48mm . Six RAWMono Autosaves for two each of 126sec and 155sec and 185sec for ISO1600 and ISO3200 and ISO4000 and ISO6400 for a total of twentyfour images were 'Calibrated' with a BiasMaster and a FlatDARKMaster and a FLATMaster ... the FLATMaster used had the 'Auto-Remove Gradient' filter applied to shift the 'gradient' in the FLATMaster from a darkness on the right side and brightness on the left side to try to make the FLATMaster look more even with the light differences and this also lowered the 'Standard Deviation' in the "Information" window for 'Area' and .... this FLATMaster has alot of spots and other artifacts that hopefully were extracted out of the 'light' frames during the 'Calibrate' , and each ISO type were in their own Folder and Sum stacked and I did use the "Auto-Remove Gradient" on each ISO finished FITS which helped make them look more even across the image . And the result of each were Sum stacked for the finished FITS image . After stacking as Sum I used the "Digital Development-FFT_Hard" and then I worked on the FITS image a long time with smoothing and sharpening and reducing color saturation in the faint areas of the galaxy and increasing saturation in the stars .... . The 6D can't be used for imaging till I get the 'anti-Alaising' filter removed or fixed . But , the idea is the "Auto-Remove Gradient" filter applied to the 'original' FLATMasters and a "Save As...IEEEFloat" with an add 'RemovedGradient" to identify it and use it which doesn't seem to damage the image and it does 'Calibrate' . x This FITS version will "PinPoint Astrometry" 'USNO-A2.0' 'solve' with 'StandardDeviation: 1.' and 'Maximum Number of Stars Used to Solve: 451' and 'Use stars from magnitude: 5.00 to 20.0' and 'Search Area [as % of image] 451 ' and will show about ' FL 2394 mm 2.25"/Pixel' and it might match 295 stars , 20th mag. stars can be detected .x

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member