M97

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Mar 30, 2019.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

CanonEOSII RebelT7i 'modified by Hutech' thru a TPO80A light-blue 2in. filter thru a TeleVue 2.5XPowerMate
    for 3000mmF/L thru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare) for 247secISO6400 for five 'one-shotColor' as
    16BIT sRGB-TIFFS into MaximDLPro to Sum stacke and then into "ImagesPLus" for some commands .
    This type of 'object' while the Moon was out can be seen ..but other nebulas are also a strong green and
    a lot more washed-out and the 80A light-blue filter probably is the wrong filter which was proven on the Eskimo and Eye nebulas .x

2. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

CanonEOSII RebelT7i 'modified by Hutech' thru a TPO80A light-blue 2in. filter thru a TeleVue 2.5XPowerMate
    for 3000mmF/L thru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare) for 247secISO6400 for five 'one-shotColor' as
    16BIT sRGB-TIFFS into MaximDLPro to Sum stacke and then into "ImagesPLus" for some commands .
    This type of 'object' while the Moon was out can be seen ..but other nebulas are also a strong green and
    a lot more washed-out and the 80A light-blue filter probably is the wrong filter which was proven on the Eskimo and Eye nebulas .x

Attached Files:

3. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Take a look at this image by comparison:
    https://www.noao.edu/image_gallery/html/im0417.html

I notice that some of your stars toward the edge are either distoreted or the blue is not aligned with the other colors.
    Typically the filter you are using is for visual work, not CCD, and maybe that is part of the issue.
    Try ditching the filter and see what you get.
    Also, it could be that focus changed a bit over time due to cooler temperatures as the night went on, so maybe one of your images is a bit off.

Keith Q of SRO did this APOD - It's technically well done, but I don't personally think it looks "right" compared to visually what I see when I look at M97.
    https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap090515.html
    I prefer the colour of the NOAO image above.

It is all very subjective.