Remote Guide Head

Discussion in 'Legacy Models (ST, STL, etc.)' started by Larry Phillips, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Larry Phillips

Larry Phillips Cyanogen Customer

Bill replaced the cooler this past summer and this is the first time since then that I have used the camera. It was ok before sending it off. I used it last May and it was fine. Perhaps something got messed up during shipping back and forth.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Unfortunately many parts are no longer available for the old ST-series cameras, so our ability to service them is somewhat limited. Please contact bill@sbig.com to see what he can do.

Alternatively, if the problem is not bad enough to prevent guiding, you may just want to live with it...

3. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I talked to Bill this morning and he was hoping Larry could give him a call.

4. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Turns out that the banding shows up in the Internal Guider as well, but only when the RGH is attached and cooling is on. Disconnect the RGH, no banding in the Internal Guider with cooling on. Connect the RGH and both, Internal and External, Guiders appear to be fine until cooling is activated.

**The Heat Exchanger was replaced, not the Cooler**

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

So what's the next step here?

6. Larry Phillips

Larry Phillips Cyanogen Customer

Oh, sorry. It is due to arrive at Bill's tomorrow for repair. Bill should be able to describe the particulars.