Resolved SGP Error

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Christopher Corkill, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Christopher Corkill

Christopher Corkill Standard User

[​IMG]
    I am receiving this error (rarely) but enough to disrupt my rare clear nights. Main Sequence tech support says that it is a SBIG driver error rather than a SGP problem. SGP is merely informing me of the driver problem. Has anyone experienced this error in the screen shot?

SBIG Error while ending exposure: OS_ERROR

I am using an ST-8300M so it’s not that old. My driver checker tells me that it is most up to date when I try to update the camera from its 2015/2017 drivers and firmware doesn’t appear to need updating. The drivers are old, are there no new updates?

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Is the camera an ST-8300 or STF-8300 ? The ST's are quite a bit older.
    I suggest you download the latest SBIG Driver Checker which is 4.05 Build 0. You can get it here:
    ftp://ftp.sbig.com/pub/SetupDriverChecker64.exe
    SBIGUdrv.dll should show likely as 4.99 Build 7, 02-11-19.

Check Windows Power Management - USB Selective Suspend should be OFF.
    Check Windows Device Manager - Power settings for all USB device, USB hubs, USB root hubs, PCIe devices, to make sure [] Allow computer to turn off the device to save power = Unchecked, Disabled.

3. Christopher Corkill

Christopher Corkill Standard User

I am using the older ST-8300. I bought it before the new one was released :,(

Thanks for the reply, I will check for that file.

Speaking of which, aren’t they essentially the same camera as the new one? The sensors are the same I think but I haven’t looked into it much.

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

The new one downloads a lot faster, and the desiccant is easily recharged by unscrewing the plug on the side. The current version is the STF-8300EN which includes even better cooling.
    We can upgrade ST-8300 to STF-8300 cameras. Send me a PM if interested and I can provide cost and options.

Christopher Corkill likes this.
  5. Albert J. Seargeant

Albert J. Seargeant Cyanogen Customer

Christopher, I've got the same problem using SGP. Were you able to solve it?

Thank you,
    Jim Seargeant

6. Pablotwa

Pablotwa Standard User

The problem was/is that SGP 64 bit does not recognize the SBIG 64 bit drivers as 64bit. The fix is to install SGP 32 bit and then it will work. The makers of SGP know about this problem but they don't want to fix it...