St-5c

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Robert U1111, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Robert U1111

Robert U1111 Standard User

Good evening. I have a older st-5c camera with parallel port and now its tells me that it can not connect, I was working fine earlier his year now nothing, I have tried different cables, I have also changed computers and it looks like the software was installed correctly, I have been to the Sbig site and done every it told me to, my computers are 32 bit but the driver checker is for 64 bits will it automatically load the right drivers, I have a feeling the my camera is just not working Is there a demo program that I can use to see if I can get it to connect, I have read on this forum about a up to date driver checker program but cant seem to find it, Now if my camera is broke does anyone know if it can be repaired or if anyone have one so I can find out if its my control box or my camera head any help wold be appreciated.

Robert

2. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Robert,

I think, you should use the latest SBIG driver which supports the LPT cameras. Its version is: 3r11, build 4 and can be downloaded from:
    http://www.sbig.com/support/software-archive/
    Run this installer as administrator, ie. right mouse click when over its icon, then select "Run as administrator" option.
    Just install it and press "Update" button only, not the "Download" one. The Download button would download the latest (v4.81, b1) driver
    from SBIG web page.

The current SBIG driver v 4.81, build 1 _only_ supports USB cameras, but not those with LPT ports. Furthermore, the DriverChecker64
    properly installs 32 or 64 bit kernel drivers depending on your machine, so do not worry with this.

You could use SBIG's CCDOPs application to try your LPT camera, just select LPT port as follows:
    Menu -> Misc -> Graphics/Comm Setup, then select LPT port as shown on attachment.

Please let us know your results.
    Thank you,
    Jan

Attached Files:

3. Robert U1111

Robert U1111 Standard User

Hi Jan
    I did all you told me to do but still the same not able to connect But guess what I put a old doss disk in ver 3.84 and the camera worked fine it got to be with windows I have win xp off the top of your head what next ?? the camera works its got the be with windows Jan I thank you for you time.

Robert