Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud Starchaser SC2/AO8 Linux drivers.

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Bryan Ramsey, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Bryan Ramsey

Bryan Ramsey Cyanogen Customer

Im running x86_64 Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I downloaded the deb file and dlapi from another recent thread. The deb file installs without errors, as does the dlapi. But when I run the sample application I just getL

./main
    ./main: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.65.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    pterodyne@pteroubuntu:~/Downloads/dlapi.sdk.linux_1.2.2-0_amd64/sample$

my system seems to have libboost_system.so.1.67. series. with 1.71 available in the normal repositories. I don't know what the ramifications of somehow installing an older version are.

The other question is, with these drivers am I able to use indi? If not it's academic to know the answer above anyway, because all the software Im aware of in linux mostly uses indi. I tried the default sbig indi driver but it doesn't connect to the camera.

If not indi, what software would directly support this camera/guider? I installed PHD2 but it seems to require the use of indi also.

Thanks for any advice. What Id really love is an X2 driver for TSX running under linux.

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member