STC-7 not available choice under DL imaging

Discussion in 'STC Series CMOS' started by John Fodermaier, Dec 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. John Fodermaier

John Fodermaier Standard User

Brand new STC-7 worked flawlessly on testing (per the manual). However, when I took it from the house to the observatory and performed the exact same installation steps on the observatory computer it failed to show up as an available choice under DL imaging. Ditto the filter wheel. Same USB cable, same Maxim DL version, etc. Anybody know what might "block" the recognition of the STC-7 over USB on a given computer? Same version of Windows 10, similar hardware (I7 processor, 32 GB ram). Other USB CMOS camera working fine (ZWO ASI on a different scope). Unless, of course, their USB driver is interfering? Any experience with ZWO and SBIG USB on the same computer?? Any other ideas??

2. Tim Povlick

Tim Povlick Cyanogen Customer

Does the STC-7 show up in the device manager?
    You can unplug the ZWO from USB and it should not be a factor.
    In Maxim, under setup menu, select setup then advanced. Does the STC-7 show up here? Is the FPGA version 4?
    Good Luck
    - Tim

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Yes it should show up as an SBIG camera in the Device Manager.

There is a low-level driver that must be installed. If you have Internet then Windows Update will install it automatically. If the camera is showing up with an error in Device Manager then right-click on it and select Update Driver.

If you don’t have internet then there is a copy on the included memory stick.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I’ve added a DL Imaging driver installation thread...