Resolved STF-8050M Vertical band

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Bob Tracy, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Bob Tracy

Bob Tracy Standard User

My STF-8050M has suddenly started showing a 256 pixel wide vertical bar on the extreme left edge of the frame. It looks like the image is folded, that is the content of the vertical bar looks like it is a continuation of the right side of the frame (I can see part of a dust spot on the left that looks like part of a corresponding spot on the right). I have posted a fit file of flat with the defect at https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zu0939vpx3wz1j/Lum_1sec_1x1_NA_222227_frame4.fit?dl=0.

I have isolated the camera (removed any ancillary equipment like FW etc.) and used different power supplies without any positive result. I went back into my flat files and verified this is a recent event.

Any idea of a local solution or should I send it in for service?

Thanks,

Bob

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Bob - I'm just another customer - and gotta say it's bizzarre - the normal upper left amp glow stars 256 over.
    Do you get normal results with CCDOps instead of Sequence Generator Pro ? (e.g. SGP 3.0.3.140 seems to be a new version - did you just upgrade to it?) Anything else change?

3. Bob Tracy

Bob Tracy Standard User

Colin - I dropped back two versions on SGP and had the same results. I'll load CCDOps and see what it does. Thanks for the reply.

4. Bob Tracy

Bob Tracy Standard User

Nice try but same results with CCDOps.

5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

6. Bob Tracy

Bob Tracy Standard User

First thing I did when the problem surfaced.

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I suspect this is a configuration problem. Maybe the camera's EEPROM settings got messed up somehow. As you noted your first 256 columns are appearing on the right side of the image; it's wrapping around. All it takes to do that is to somehow start the download out of sync by 256 pixels.

I'll ask Adam to weigh in. He may want to remote in to your computer to have a look.

8. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

I would like to remote into your computer. I suspect I have a fix for this on the docket. Can you send me a private message with a TeamViewer ID/password so I can troubleshoot?

9. Bob Tracy

Bob Tracy Standard User

Sure, what is your private address?

10. Bob Tracy

Bob Tracy Standard User

Never mind, I see how to send you a private message.

11. Bob Tracy

Bob Tracy Standard User

The STF-8050M is connected and powered up. Let me know if I need to configure anything on this end.

Bob

12. Bob Tracy

Bob Tracy Standard User

Just to summarize this thread, Adam uploaded a new driver to my computer this morning and the fold-over problem appears to be fixed. We have a good weather forecast for the next few days so I will reinstall the camera on the telescope this morning, get as many hours on the beta driver as I can and report back with my results.

I really appreciate the help, customer service doesn't get any better than this.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2018