STF Series CA-FWSPACER Availability for OAG-8300

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Binary Star, May 11, 2022.

1. Binary Star

Binary Star Standard User

I bought an SBIG OAG-8300 recently for my STF-8300C without realizing that the CA-FWSPACER adapter that I need is unobtainable, and perhaps may never be.

Are there any aftermarket sources for the adapter, or is there any way I can use the OAG with my camera without it? I'm sure I could find a filter wheel somewhere but that would be an enormous expense just to
    use the OAG.

I received some information that another company (Precise Parts or something close to that) may be a source. Any help would be appreciated - even a MacGyver solution at this point.

Thanks,
    Jim R.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

3. Binary Star

Thank you for the prompt feedback, Doug. I was obviously misinformed!

I guess I'll have to decide how badly I want it since it will cost $75 dollars to ship a $69 item over the border.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The shipping calculator is a little conservative on small items. It expects a box but we can ship that in a FedEx envelope.

We should be able to send it for $45. You can quote me in the comments section of the shopping cart when you place the order.

5. Binary Star

Thanks, Doug - that would be greatly appreciated. I'll get that order placed this evening.