STXL 16200 RBI

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Raki, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Raki

Raki Unlicensed

How do i get RBI preflash on maxim DL 5? The settings in maximdl does not show me the settings mentioned in https://diffractionlimited.com/help/maximdl/HIDD_SETUPST7.htm

My installed sbig universal version is 4.97 build 1. According to sbig driver Checker this is up to date. But this appears to be lower than the screenshot in the above link. I am wondering if this is the reason why I can't see the RBI option.

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

RBI preflash was not officially supported in MaxIm DL until v6.12. If you need RBI preflash support, you will need to update to the latest version of MaxIm DL.

3. Raki

Raki Unlicensed

MaximDL 5 can preflash on FLI. So is it the sbig driver that's not compatible on maxim5?
    What other software can currently do RBI preflash on STXL 16200?

Regards
    Raki

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

RBI preflash is a function of the camera plugin, not MaxIm DL. FLI may have had support for RBI preflash in their v5 plugin, but the SBIG Universal plugin did not.

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

We added RBI Preflash support to SBIG cameras in January 0f 2016, and around the same time added support into the MaxIm DL SBIG plug-in.

MaxIm DL V5 development was discontinued in 2014.

If you are a MaxIm DL V5 owner you can upgrade to V6 at a discounted price via our web site.

6. Raki

Raki Unlicensed

Thanks Doug for clarifying this. What is the discount amount in the upgrade path?

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Please visit our website, browse to MaxIm DL, and click the Upgrade tab. Enter your serial number etc. and it will give you your options.