Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud TSX error --SBIG driver:CFW error busy, Error 31001

Discussion in 'Filter Wheels' started by Daniel Marcus, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Daniel Marcus

Daniel Marcus Standard User

the ST-9 and CFW-8 filter wheel we have do NOT like The SkyX or CCDOps. I have left message with Bisque forum, will see what they think. still curious is the current version of CCDOps a 64 bit or a 32 bit program. I found a really old version of CCDOps that may have come with the camera, but it is 16 bit? and windows 10 wanted nothing to do with it.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

CCDOPS is 32 bit.

There used to be older versions that ran on older operating systems like Windows 3.1; in fact the first versions were DOS.

3. Daniel Marcus

HI Doug,
    well it was a thought anyway. Bisque is saying that since it does not work with CCDOps, there must be something wrong with the camera/filter wheel. I keep coming back with it works with CCDSoft v5 ok so why not The SkyX?? Any thoughts?

Tried Calling the office via the technical support Phone # listed on your website today at 12:30pm, 1;20pm and again at 1:31pm EST and was not able to get a hold of anyone to discuss this. Can we schedule a time that a phone call can be made so we can get this issue resolved ASAP and continue to use the ST9???

Please let me know as I have to schedule a time to go out to the observatory which is 1 hour away from my home so that I can troubleshoot in real time. Thanks

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

That's weird... are you calling 613-225-2732?

5. Daniel Marcus

HI Doug
    My co-Observatory Director Gene talked to Bisque - after a long discussion about the CFW-8 filter wheels, they reworked the coding and all seems to be working properly now :)
    Daniel Marcus

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Great to hear!

7. Daniel Marcus

Hi Doug
    Now the BAD news, your current version of CCDOps does NOT work with the ST-9 and our CFW-8 filter wheel. My guess is you updated the software and neglected the older versions of the CFW-8 filter wheels. If you want your software to work with the ST-9 Camera and older versions of the CFW-8 filter wheel, you will have to make the same corrections that Software Bisque had to to get things working again. Right now the only software that currently works is CCDSoft v5 and Software Bisque's patch for The SkyX. Let me know when you make any changes to CCDSoft and we will be happy to test them.
    Daniel Marcus