Update software impossible to contact support

Discussion in 'Licensing Issues' started by Charles Duarte, May 4, 2016.

1. Charles Duarte

Charles Duarte Cyanogen Customer

Hi, does anybody know how to get in contact with support apart from sending a form which by the way is not being accept even that my license number or email....

Please can someone provide me with a cotact email.....

Thanks

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You used an old, expired license when you attempted to register with the forum. Your correct license starts with 1E481.

I enabled your access manually.

We don't do support via email; for a whole host of reasons: it's not traceable, people can be on vacation so you don't get an answer, the messages usually go to the wrong person (different people work on different things), it's difficult for us to share the workload, etc.

3. Charles Duarte

Thanks Doug, I agreed with your comment, but I am a long term customer with a license that needed updated, you know my name, address, etc and when I paid for the program, so really in such a case there should be a filter system that allows real customer from those you mentioned. It really frustrating situation, its like going around & around & around.......

Ok, I can access manually, what does this mean??

I can go to my MDL program and update & consequentially pay??

Thanks

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I meant I manually set you up for claccess to the customer area of this forum, which is where you get support for MaxIm DL.

Do I understand that you've lost your current license? If so I can send it to you by private message. If not then please post your question in the MaxIm DL section.

5. Charles Duarte

Thanks ....I do have the license number...I simply want to update...apologies I thought this was the maximdl forum...

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

This is the Diffraction Limited / SBIG support forum. There is a subsection for MaxIm DL support, which I was trying to direct you to.

The easiest way to upgrade is to open the software and select Help menu Check For Updates. If your upgrades have expired it will tell you, and offer the paid upgrade. It will prefill your serial number for you. Fill in the rest of the form and submit. It will email you a personalized webstore link, which when clicked will allow you to purchase the upgrade.