WitchHead Nebula

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Jan 31, 2020.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmFL) using an APM-Flattener and a CanonEOSII RebelT7i 'modified UV-IR @ Hutech' and also a BreakThrough X4-UV 49mm filter with step-rings to attach to a 35mmT-Ring and then to the APM-Flattener . I located the IC2118 with MaximDL Pro V6.20 with the RebelT7i connected to the Camera Control and I did 30secISO6400 for an image and I "PinPointAstrometry" 'solved' with the GSC and the 'center' star would be GSC4762:125 8.7mag. which is a yellowish star but this will 'center' the WitchHead Nebula . I used the EOS Utility-RemoteShooting and the little 'Clock' icon for 'Interval Timer' ability for two images at a time with the longest exposure of 80 seconds and the shortest exposure of 20 seconds an various exposures between these two points ... because I could just see the nebula slightly... like looking thru a Telescope and you can just see the contrast difference between the background and the nebulosity... so I acquired as many images as I could and the Moon was out a little in the West and the Telescope was looking East . The images were saved to a Dated Folder and I put them into MaximDL Pro V6.20 and I did a BatchProcess on them as separate Folders containing images that have the same ISO and then I Sum stacked each Folder ISO and then the saved FITS stacked image of each ISO I then Sum stacked the four different FITS ISOed images for one complete FITS IEEEFloat image . I notices then at 'screen-stretch' Max-Val that there is a content in it that said about 2.54e+005 which shows a high end type of value above the idea of 16BIT ... but I wonder if the high number might mean ' e/ADU ' ... like 2.54e/ADU which might be a number you can use when you the "Deconvolve" command .??. . ; continuing now about IC2118 ... it was variations of 'red-brown' tint with a contrast different in the Preview window of the EOS Utility-RemoteShooting command which I used because the MaximDL Pro V6.20 doesn't allow images taken over 30 seconds so the Autosave command can't be used at any-old exposure time . My Canon 6D'stock' camera will do the Autosaves but it's Anti-Alaising filter is watermark stained till I get it cleaned , so it could see the IC2118 nebula in exposures like the RebelT7i modified DSLR which sees a little more 'red' . With the "Levels" command I lowered the 'Red' Gamma and increased the 'Blue' Gamma to show the way it is now . x

artem likes this.
  2. artem

artem Guest

Nice Images o_O:D