X & Y axis in CCPOPS

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Doug Askew, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Doug Askew

Doug Askew Standard User

I would like to know which axis these 2 are on my G11/G2 and also that in CCDOPS X axis seems to be responding to some correction, however Y axis shows little correction if any. What might be the cause of that and how would I make a correction?

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

X axis is usually right ascension, depending on how the guider outputs are wired.

Make sure the TIC cable is not damaged. They're a little fragile.

Check your mount settings; I don't know the characteristics of your particular mount, but on some mounts you can dial in different guiding rates on RA and Dec. You might want to make sure they're the same.

3. Doug Askew

Doug Askew Standard User

On my God there is 2 of us... This STi is very foreign to me as I bought is used from OPTI and did not come with a manual but I printed one out and will revisit it in the interim. By the way what is the TIC cable? I am assuming that it is the cable from the STi to the computer which I made as it did not come with one. I will try using the cable from my ST5c as well to see if that makes any difference. If it does I will be ordering one.
    Thank you for reply.

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

TIC = Telescope Interface Cable.
    It looks like a phone connector cable, with an RJ12 connector on each end, flat cable, goes between the phone-jack looking connector on the ST-i to the autoguider port on your mount.

5. Doug Askew

Doug Askew Standard User

Hi Colin
    When I made the cable I matched to cable color like you said. That being the case, I would like to order one like we talked before. I do not remember the length is comes in though 12' should be sufficient. I also need to pay for it so will need info to do so. In the interim, I will test the cable for continuity to make sure both ends are correct and good and if not will replace one or both jacks.
    Thank you for your help!

6. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member